Below are instructions for installation of Essential Anti-Virus for Mac on an existing Total Defense product subscription. See this other article for first-time Mac installation from a retail purchase.
1. Login to your Total Defense Account
...then click on the Subscriptions tab
- Select the "Download" button next to the product subscription you would like to install
- A new window will open, click the "Download Mac AV" link under Mac Computers
- Click the downloaded file to launch the Anti-Virus for Mac installer
- Once the new window opens, click "Allow" to start the installation process
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Click "Continue"
- When prompted, enter your computer's password and click the "Install Software" button
- Allow time for the product to download and install.
- You will be asked to grant full access to your Total Defense Anti-Virus software
- Click the "Open System Preferences" button
- Check the box to the left of "Total Defense Antivirus for Mac" under Privacy
- When prompted, click the "Quit & Reopen" button to finish granting access to your software
- A window will open and prompt you to login to your Total Defense account. Click the "Login" button
- A new window will open. Enter your email address and click the "Next" button.
- Enter your Total Defense password and click the "Login" button.
- Wait a few moments. You will be presented with your Total Defense Essential Anti-Virus for Mac software dashboard. Your installation is now complete.