Below are instructions for first time installation of Total Defense Essential Anti-Virus for Mac. For an existing product subscription see this article to install on additional Macs.
- Go to: totaldefense.com/macav
- Click the "Create Account" button.
- Complete the account setup page as shown below and click the "Register" button.
- Grab your product package and peel back the tab on the inside of your package to reveal your 20-digit Product Registration Code
- Enter your 20-digit Product Registration Code, found in your product package, when prompted, then click the button.
- A new page will open, click the "Download Mac AV" link under Mac Computers.
- Click the downloaded file to launch the Anti-Virus for Mac installer
- Once the new window opens, click "Allow" to start the installation process
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Click "Continue"
- When prompted, enter your computer password and click the "Install Software" button
- Allow time for the product to download and install.
- You will be asked to grant full access to your Total Defense Anti-Virus software
- Click the "Open System Preferences" button
- Check the box to the left of "Total Defense Antivirus for Mac" under Privacy
- When prompted, click the "Quit & Reopen" button to finish granting access to your software
- A window will open and prompt you to login to your Total Defense account. Click the "Login" button
- A new window will open. Enter your email address and click the "Next" button.
- Enter your Total Defense password and click the "Login" button.
- Wait a few moments. You will be presented with your Total Defense Essential Anti-Virus for Mac software dashboard. Your installation is now complete.