Below are instructions for first time installation of Total Defense Mobile Security for Android Tablets and Phones — for an existing product subscription see this article to install on Android additional devices.
1. Register Subscription
- Complete the account setup page as prompted and click the "Next" button.
- Grab your product package and peel back the tab on the inside of your package to reveal your 20-digit Product Registration Code
- Enter your 20-digit Product Registration Code, found in your product package, when prompted, then click the button.
Now, it’s time to Install your software.
Total Defense Mobile Security works on any device running Android 5.0 and up. An active internet connection and a Google Play™ services enabled device are required.
- After registration is complete you will be forwarded to the Google Play Store
- Click Install to download the "Total Defense Mobile Security" app
- After installation is complete, tap Open
- Tap the checkbox to agree to our subscription agreement and tap on "Continue"
- Next, Follow onscreen prompts for Total Defense Account Login
3. Install Setup
- Tap "Get Started"
- Tap "Activate" to turn on Web Protection
- Scroll down and tap on "Total Defense Mobile Security"
- Tap on the switch in the top right and tap "OK".
Then, go back to the Total Defense app
- Tap "Scan Now" to run a one-time scan to check that your device is threat-free
- Tap "Allow" to grant needed permissions
To continue the setup, check the Autopilot Recommendations – a personal security advisor which provides suggestions based on your device usage and needs – to activate more Mobile Security functions in the app.
- Tap "Got It"
- Tap "Activate" for Anti-Theft
- Tap "Allow"
- Tap "Turn On"
- Tap "Activate" in the bottom right
- Set your pin to 4 digits that you'll easily remember. (You can always visit central.totaldefense.com to pull this pin up in case you forget it)
- Tap "Turn On"
- Tap "Allow" to allow the permission
- Congratulations! Your mobile device is protected by Total Defense!
More information: Mobile Security FAQs