Below are instructions for first time installation of Total Defense Essential Anti-Virus for Mac — for an existing product subscription see this article to install on additional Macs.
• Peel back the tab on the inside of your product package to reveal your 20-digit Product Registration Code
- Go to: totaldefense.com/macav
- This is where you enter your product registration code
- Create your new Total Defense account:
- Complete the account setup page as shown below and click the Register button
A new window will open, click the "Download Mac AV" link under Mac Computers.
• Click the downloaded file to launch the installer and start the Anti-Virus for Mac installation.
• Once the new window opens click "Continue" to start the installation process and follow the on-screen instructions.
• Click "Agree" to continue.
• Click "Install" and enter the current user or administrator password and click Install Software when prompted to continue the installation.
• Allow time for the product to install.
• A new window will open and prompt you to Login to your Total Defense account to complete the installation/registration.
• After registration you will be asked to configure some security settings. You can either enable them now or enable them later.
• When you close the window your installation will be complete and the Total Defense Anti-Virus software will be installed on your Mac OS device.