By default, your software has the most balanced Security scan settings enabled between performance and protection. However, you can use the steps below to further customize your Security settings.
1. Click the "Security" icon
- from within the Total Defense Console or the Navigation on the left
2. Click the "Settings" icon
3. Use the Bar to change scanning protection level
4. To customize options, drag the Bar to Custom and select "Custom Settings" icon
- Now you can adjust what gets scanned, what happens when a file is detected, the cpu usage of your scans as well and many other features.
Note: This information pertains to Security settings on Total Defense Premium, Unlimited, Ultimate, Essential AV and Internet Security Suite software.