It's recommended, prior to performing any scans on your computer, that you make sure you have the most up to date version of your software. How to update Total Defense.
Running a Custom Scan enables you to select specific files and/or folders to scan for malware. You may use this scan for certain scenarios, like below:
- If you suspect few folders or files that are affected by recent changes.
- If you want to scan only Windows files
- If you want to scan only personal folders and/or files.
- If you want to scan removable devices, like thumb drive, CD, etc.
1. Click the "Security" icon
- from within the Total Defense Console or the Navigation on the left
2. Select "Custom Scan" button
3. Select Folders/Files then "Start Scan"
- Then, select the folder(s) on the right and press "Start Scan"
- Double click on the folders on the left to navigate to your desired folder(s). Then, select the folder(s) on the right and press "Start Scan"
Note: This information pertains only to run custom scans on Total Defense Premium, Essential AV, Unlimited, Ultimate and Internet Security Suite software.