- Log in to your Total Defense account at https://my.totaldefense.com/login2.aspx
- On successful login click 'Subscriptions' on the top bar. Select the product that you would like to manage and click 'Deauthorize Node' next to the computer you are having difficulties with.
- Uninstall the Total Defense product, using Program & Features or Add/Remove Programs.
- Restart the computer
- Delete any leftover files in Total Defense or CA under C:\Program Files and C:\ProgramData (C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data in Windows XP)
- Reinstall the Total Defense product.
- Restart the computer.
- DO NOT open the Security Centre and activate the product. Instead, wait for the 'Activate Now' popup to appear a few minutes after the reboot has completed
- Total Defense will now be activated without any error, and you will be able to perform updates.
Have more questions? Submit a request