Below are instructions for installation of Essential Anti-Virus for Mac on an existing Total Defense product subscription. See this article for first-time Mac installation from a retail purchase.
1. Account Login
- Please login to your account at totaldefense.com/myaccount and select the "Subscriptions" tab.
- Click on the orange "Download" button.
- A new window will open, click the "Download Mac AV" link under Mac Computers.
- Click the downloaded file to launch the installer and start the Anti-Virus for Mac installation.
- Once the new window opens click "Continue" to start the installation process and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click "Agree" to continue.
Click "Install" and enter the current user or administrator password and click Install Software when prompted to continue the installation.
Allow time for the product to install.
- A new window will open and prompt you to Login to your Total Defense account to complete the installation/registration.
- After registration you will be asked to configure some security settings. You can either enable them now or enable them later.
- When you close the window your installation will be complete and the Total Defense Anti-Virus software will be installed on your Mac OS device.