This message may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You are not online
- Total Defense Parental Controls is blocked by a Firewall
- Proxy Server settings are not correct
Please see instructions below:
- Make sure that you are connected to the Internet. You must be online to check for an update.
- If you are using a Personal Firewall, either disable is momentarily or allow the cfgmng32.exe to connect to the Total Defense Parental Controls Server.
- If you do not have a direct connection and use a proxy server to connect, follow instructions below:
a. Open the Total Defense Parental Controls menu, which is opened by right clicking on the Total Defense Parental Controls icon from the tray (located on the lower right corner of your screen) and select the Preferences option.
b. Go to Manager General Settings tab.
c. Click on the Settings button in the Advanced Settings area.
d. The Advanced Settings window will open.
e. Choose the Internet Connection option.
f. Click on the Proxy Server drop down to Connect through a proxy server (manual configuration) or Use browser settings (only for Internet Explorer).